Within the activities of the INTER-TEX project, SMEs from France and Spain have carried out an action of the Joint Internationalization Groups (JIG) from March 1 to 23, 2019.
This cooperative action has been through “joint pop-up shops” in the city of MONTREAL (CANADA): dynamic city with a strong European and American influence in terms of design and fashion. The main Canadian shopping centers are at the forefront of the sector. The retail sector, as well as the client, are very open to new proposals. The Canadian has, on average, a high quality life and likes to consume new and imported products. The space where the project has been located has been in a large store which is rented by parties, so we will take advantage of a fixed clientele. The idea is to start marketing in January and then open the doors of the pop-up window in April when the good weather arrives.
The products of the companies that have participated and that have been put up for sale have been complementary, with the same quality segment, the same season and with the same objective of the consumers.
The companies that have been part of this action have been:
• Collégien – Levity (France)
• Misségle (France)
• Brussosa (Barcelona-Spain)
• Margarette BCN (Barcelona- Spain)
Benefits and opportunities for participating companies:
• Exploration and commercialization costs have been shared: limit the risks involved
• Present a varied and quality offer with complementary products in the emerging store.
• Improve the attractiveness of the offer by the added value of all the partners.
• Collaborative synergies as a joint transnational strategy with other partners.
• Access to a new market by first testing your offer.